My Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

I Dreamed a Dream - trumpet solo



We are another step closer, Catherine recorded her music and submitted it for seating.

  • Perform a 2-octave chromatic scale of your choice. 
  • Perform two short selections of your choice. One to demonstrate marcato style, the other legato style.

 One piece she chose to play was a trumpet solo from "I Dreamed a Dream" from her favorite musical "Les Miserables". January goes by really fast, and when we realized that her seating music was due mid-January we had two days to find & purchase the sheet music, in preparation to play & record it. It was a beautiful music piece and it always makes me so happy to hear her play.



I made our next payment that was due, but I'm still hoping for some donations. The next payment of $1,000 will be due before we know it!

We have to get Catherine's Passport this week so we'll have it here in time. This was Catherine's Christmas gift!

We celebrated Catherine's 15th birthday in January as well. It really was a simple birthday, I made her an ice-cream cake, this is the first year in 15 years that she didn't open one single gift for her birthday. She realizes that this trip was her Christmas, and Birthday. She had even said that she didn't want to receive any gifts so that we can put that money towards her trip.



No comments:

Post a Comment